Forum

Mohaa Spearhead

Mohaa Spearhead  

RSS

Kingzy.uK
(@kingzy21)
Admin =|KaG|=Admin
14/04/2019 6:31 pm  

Where it all began. God I miss the maps, banter and dancing. Especially the dancing. 🤣 

Hopefully we can get enough interest to have a retro game server and play some v2, hunt, bridge etc. I've still got mpsh 3.0 all the maps and the KaG knife mod.

I'll try and sort a download page for this type of thing.

Kingzy.uK

Kingzy.uK
(@kingzy21)
Admin =|KaG|=Admin
17/04/2019 9:31 pm  

Damn, Windows 10 does not like this game.

So I kept getting a opengl error that was due to my config. This is apparently resolution related. So I deleted the config and tried again where I was presented with the black screen and crash to desktop.

Now I tried all the usual tricks to get the game running (compatibility settings and admin permission) but nothing then I looked at forums saying u need to install direct 9c Jun 2010 so I tried that. Nope no fix.

Finally I found a fix by renaming MOHAA.exe to MOHAA.bak and then renaming moh_spearhead.exe to MOHAA.exe. Now I hear you ask why would you do that you crazy fool but it's apparently due to the way in which mohaa.exe and moh_spearhead.exe behave with each other essentially moh_spearhead.exe calls mohaa.exe to run in a way that is now considered by windows 10 as suspect. And this then stops the game running. Renaming moh_spearhead stops one exe calling another and just runs the exe as intended. At least that is my understanding of the subject.

Apparently this is only on disc versions of the game and gog or steam doesn't have this issue.

Kingzy.uK

ReplyQuote
Kingzy.uK
(@kingzy21)
Admin =|KaG|=Admin
20/04/2019 2:22 pm  

OK so this only seems to apply to the old version of the game on Intel integrated graphics.

The 10th anniversary edition just needs a no CD crack and direct x 9c to run. Tested using amd graphics card.

I've not tested on nvidia.

Kingzy.uK

ReplyQuote
Share: